Monday, August 11, 2008

Le Deux

Hey all.
You know what has always bothered me? The term "teabagging" or any reference of a man's balls to teabags. I don't get it. The texture, for one, is all off. A man's testicles aren't so grainy and threaded. It's loose, which a teabag is not, and maleable around the testes, which the actual teaBAG is not around it's tea. Also, a teabag is rather neat and tidy, whereas balls are not. And its not as if teabagging was born from a common activity. I don't normally suck on teabags, the taste is much to unpleasant and strong. Nor do I really put a teabag anywhere near my face. Also, I don't dip any of my male friends balls in hot tea, just for kicks. The visual of that is frightening. You may ask yourself "why is this anonymous chick talking about testicles so early in the morning?". Because I drink alot of tea in the morning, that's why. Earl Grey to be specific. With about 6 sugar packets in it. Its a good boost of caffeine for those non-coffee drinkers out there and I can drink about 20 oz for a dollar. A dollar! What can you buy of any worth these days for a dollar. Tea, that's what.
I usually get my tea before a take the RT to work in the morning. That way it cools down by the time I need it when I get to work. RT is an interesting beast. I love going to work on it, though I may be about the only one. Here are my reasons for loving the RT (in the mornings):
I am nosy:
There is nothing like public transit for people-watching. I watch couples have massive fights, then make out seconds later, I watch kids play in the aisles, I eavesdrop on old black women talking about their good for nothing grandkids in strange southern twangs. I love it! I always bring my book and my sunglasses, and get settled into my corner seat and watch the morning show. People don't usually find me very interesting over their own morning drama show.
I am left alone.
Especially at 7:30 in the morning, no young men are out looking to hit on the pasty chick wearing way to many layers. On the way home that is another story. Also, just in general, if I am on RT, I am not with my parents, who insist on speaking to me so very early in the morning.
I love to read.
It is really the only for-sure time I get to read my book. And I so do love reading, but have little time for it, what with working 40 hours a week and having a life. The book I am reading now is called "A Suitable Boy" by Vikram Seth. A very in-depth view of life in India in the 1930s. Very in-depth, as in 1,500 pages in depth. I enjoy every word.
The scenery.
Ok, most of the RT runs through the ghettos, but there are a few stops that are near parks and old buildings. My stop is right by this gorgeous cathedral that I wander into every so often.
I have always loved cathedrals. Its so calm and quiet inside. Often, I feel like a better person just for stopping in, despite my utter lack of religiousness.

So yes, I love regional transit.
I'm thinking about giving myself a fake name. Mostly because I sound like a douche when I sign of "Me" like, what is that. I am Me! Well fuck that. I will think on this more.

No comments: